Notes and Podcast info from the PMlessonLearned.com Conference Call:
Topic: An Introduction to Agile Estimating and Planning (PMBestPractices)
PMlessonsLearned.com founder and PM Best Practices host: Henry Will, PMP
Presenter: Kevin Aguanno, PMP, MAPM
Date of Conference Call: 19Mar2009
Podcast Number: 0062
If you're studying for the PMP Exam, you may want to listen to the MP3s of past PMP Exam Study Group conference calls. They're located in our Archive (see the link on our website).
The presentation is located on the website. Follow the "Presentations and Files" link on the left hand side of the pmlessonslearned.com website
NOTES FROM THE CALL:
In this session, we will cover:
* Why we plan in the first place and what makes a good plan
* Why traditional planning fails
* The basics of agile planning including building Release Plans, Iteration Plans and Day Plans
* Estimating with Story Points
* Estimating with Ideal Days
* A 3-step feature prioritization process
* Measuring and forecasting velocity
* An overview of Critical Chain estimating and scheduling
* Why agile planning works
more at: http://www.agilepm.com/presentation-agile_estimating_and_planning.html
With over 17 years of managing complex systems integration and software development projects, Kevin Aguanno is known in the industry for his innovative approaches to solving common project management problems. He focuses on two project management specialty areas: agile project management and troubled project recovery.
Some of Kevin's other notable attributes:
* Keynote speaker, trainer, and coach in agile management methods
* Taught several years at the University of Toronto where he won an Excellence in Teaching Award
* Regular guest lecturer in software engineering and project management classes at several other universities
* Master’s in Project Management from George Washington University
* PMI-certified Project Management Professional (PMP),
* IBM Certified Executive Project Manager
* International Project Management Association (IPMA) Senior Project Manager
* Member of the Project Management Institute (U.S.A.) and the Information Systems SIG,
* American Society for the Advancement of Project Management (U.S.A.), the Association for Project Management (U.K.), and the Project Management Association of Canada where he is a founding director.
* Kevin Aguanno is the author of over one dozen books and audiobooks.
More at: http://www.agilepm.com/bio.html
PRESENTERS CONTACT INFO:
Please join us for a future conference call (they're all free and open to all). We currently have several calls a month. See our calendar of future calls via the link on our website.
If you're looking for a PM job, we invite you to join our FREE PM JOB SHOP conference calls.
Join the Yahoo Group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pmjobshop
We highly recommend that you join the free PM Lessons Learned Yahoo group in order to get announcements of our calls and other information to further your PM career.
Join our Yahoo group for details, reminders of the calls, and information to help you in your PM Career. Visit the website for details.
PMLessonsLearned.com - Project Managers helping Project Managers. Open to all.